Thursday 19 December 2013

Review: In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita






I'm lucky enough to be a Penguin Star Blogger as part of their Daily December Delight event! If you haven't checked their bookish advent calendar out yet, you should! As part of being a Star Blogger, the lovely people at Penguin Canada sent me a copy of In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita to review. I love this cookbook! Here are the biggest selling points for me:


  • Almost every recipe has a picture. That makes it easy to see what it should look like when you finish and helps you quickly decide which recipe you want to make.
  • The recipes are really easy and well-written. I had zero failures and even though I can bake, that's a big deal when it comes to cooking!
  • Most of the recipes are also super quick - so you can make them after work - but they are also impressive so you can proudly serve them to guests.
  • The end of the book offers menu suggestions for different types of meals. I loe it when someone else does the planning for me.
  • You can easily substitute the meat in a lot of the recipes to make vegetarians happy.
  • Some of the recipes include tips for substitutions, variations, etc that encourage experimentation or help make your cooking process easier.
Of course very little is perfect so there were a couple things I was wishing for: pictures for absolutely every recipe - it's just better that way; more dessert recipes (because I am Paperbacks and Pastries, after all); a more lay-flat binding so the book stays open to the recipe you're using.

Rating:
5 cupcakes out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment